Mission & Vision
Hallett Cove East Primary School:
- Learning for tomorrow’s world
- Working together
- Valuing each other and our future
Our Mission is to ensure that our students are able to successfully interact and achieve within and
beyond their own community, now and in the future.
This may be evidenced by:
A Strong Sense of Identity
- Students will be resilient and reflective, confident in their own opinions and provide leadership.
- Students will be creative and critical thinkers who draw upon a range of strategies to deal with new situations or information.
Success in Interactions
- Students will value diversity and successfully interact with others within and beyond their community in a collaborative manner.
Preparedness for the Future
- Students will demonstrate initiative, enterprise and adaptability and will be able to successfully manage change within their own lives and as part of a global community.
Skill in Communication
- Students will be able to successfully communicate in a range of settings within and beyond their own community.
Success in Learning
- Students will develop and apply knowledge, competencies and skills, which enable them to be successful now and in the future.
- Students will be able to initiate and implement their own learning plans. Based on constructivist theory, students will be supported in self-assessment procedures in order to reflect on and guide future learning.
The school Values identified by the school community are reflected in the everyday language at
school by staff, parents, students and community members. The Values are
Our ongoing commitment to our Values is reflected in our Student and Staff Wellbeing programs
including the Year 7 Student Leaders program, Buddy and assembly programs.
The core business at Hallett Cove East Primary School is to support students to engage in a relevant
curriculum in a manner that ensures success for all students. This is achieved by ensuring that
students are making decisions about their learning, developing successful relationships with others,
accessing appropriate and useful information and familiar with and able to use available resources in
learning activities based on the Australian Curriculum and relevant DE priorities.
Our Core Business is supported by
- Balanced curriculum in all areas of learning as described in the Australian Curriculum
- The values, attitudes and understandings implicit and explicit in the General Capabilities that are integrated into all learning activities
- Decision making structures, that require collaborative action between students, staff and the community
- Leadership development and leadership opportunities for students
- Student interaction within and beyond their community through the use of information and communication technologies
- Peer and collaborative teaching and learning strategies that develop student resilience and engagement through challenge
- Developing an awareness of others through cultural programmes, such as Japanese, and the inclusion of Asian and Aboriginal perspectives and studies in learning
- Learning intervention programmes particularly in the areas of literacy, numeracy and social learning
- Anti-Bullying programmes
- Programmes that address Student Wellbeing including Keeping Safe: Child Protection Curriculum, Play is the Way and the Be You Framework